Presenting the first round of 9 CCARDESA Knowledge Products
As part of its continued effort to strengthen the capacities of agricultural value-chain actors to adapt to the negative impacts of climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the Centre for the Coordination of Agricultural Research and Development in Southern Africa (CCARDESA) is pleased to launch 9 new Knowledge Products (KP) on Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA).
These are the first batch to be launched out of a series of 24 KPs and are aimed at assisting policymakers and extension services navigate and implement different CSA technologies and practices across the four key agricultural value chains - Maize, Sorghum, Rice, and Livestock - in the southern Africa region. Each KP will be provided in English, French and Portuguese.
- KP 06 Climate Smart Soil Amendment Options for Maize & Sorghum
- KP 07 Climate Smart Planting Systems for Maize and Sorghum
- KP 08 Climate Smart Land Preparation Options
- KP 09: Climate Smart Seed Selection for Maize, Sorghum and Rice
- KP 10: Climate Smart Water Management Options for Maize and Sorghum
- KP 11: Climate Smart Water Management Options for Rice
- KP 12: Climate Smart Agroforestry Options for Maize, Sorghum & Rice
- KP 13: Climate Smart Post Harvest Management Options for Maize, Sorghum and Rice
- KP 14: Climate Smart Diet Management Options for Livestock in the SADC Region
The development of these new Climate Smart Agriculture KPs has been supported by the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) / Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH Adaptation to Climate Change in Rural Areas in Southern Africa program (ACCRA), implemented on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)