The Economics of Land Degradation (ELD) Initiative aims to create awareness about the costs of land degradation and the benefits of sustainable land management (SLM).
ELD Campus provides high-level training and capacity improvement for policymakers, scientists and academics who want to contribute to the prevention of land degradation across the world. It is available in French and English.
There are 9 thematic modules that cover the following topics:
- The ELD Initiative
- Problem dimension – Land degradation vs. sustainable land management
- Natural capital and ecosystem services valuation – the rationale behind
- Steps of an ELD study
- Communication, outreach and policy impact
- Identification and selection of ecosystem services
- Evaluation of ecosystem services
- Cost-benefit analysis
Besides lectures, scripts and exercises, there are also quizzes to test your knowledge afterwards. Moreover the modules include helpful links and further reading materials.
German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development ; European Union and United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
ELD Initiative (2012) ELD CAMPUS