The Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network (FANRPAN) for Africa is a autonomous, non-profit, scientific organization operational in Member States of Africa with a mandate to co-ordinate policy research and dialogue and recommend strategies for promoting food, agriculture and natural resources sectors in Africa by:
- Carrying out mutually agreed collaborative research and institutional development activities;
- Publishing and disseminating research results;
- Providing technical support to national and regional programs;
- Providing opportunities for training and professional development;
- Organizing workshops, scientific conferences and seminars;
- Providing access by the Government to database of information on policy making, advocacy and dialogue; and
- Facilitating linkages of co-operating institutions with relating activities carried out by other participants in FANRPAN's policy research and professional development programmes.